Welcome to the Ohio Materials Marketplace April update -
Keeping our members in the loop about upcoming events, program improvements, recently uploaded materials and marketplace performance. Here are a few highlights:
- Several new materials have been added to the marketplace including: cured and uncured rubber, wire drawing lubricant, and more!
- 695 members are now on the Marketplace.
- The marketplace has helped divert over 1680.45 tons (3,360,900 pounds) from the landfill!
- A Year 1 report will be made available soon.
To login to the marketplace click here
If you have questions about your username or password, please email Travis.Limbert@epa.ohio.gov
Record any recycling or reuse transactions that occurred with the help of the marketplace here
New Materials Available:
Global cooling has 3 pieces of 10’ X 3’ platform for sale. The catwalk walkway is 32” from floor for an overall height is 62”. The frame is composed of 1” square tubing frame.
Company: Global tubing.
Location: 9000 Poston Road, Athens, Ohio, 45701
Suggested Uses: Reuse in industrial or retail setting, theater or stage prop.
More information here
160,000 pounds of cured rubber that has tape, mastic, clips, carrier and/or flock.
Company: Cooper Standard
Location: 1175 North Main Street, Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
Suggested Uses: Processing for addition to asphalt, fill material
More Information here
Wire Drawing Lubricant
Euclid Steel and Wire has 38 drums of Bowers Sieman and RH Miller wire drawing lubricant products.
Company: Euclid Steel & Wire
Location: 8220 Garfield Road, Mentor, Ohio 44060
Suggested Uses: Wire drawing lubricant, original purpose.
More Information here
The marketplace continues steady growth in participation and communication.
- 695 Members
- 124 Available Material Postings
- 45 Wanted Material Postings
- 10 Completed Transactions
- 3,360,900 pounds (1680.45 tons) material exchanged/diverted
- Total member cost savings: $152,564.08
- Total Environmental Benefit: 139.4 MTCO2 reduction (U.S. EPA WARM model estimates)
- Materials diverted from the landfill include plastic bottle caps (4.6 tons), wooden pallets (0.28 tons), E-waste (0.63 tons), plastic drums (5.3 tons), steel drums (5.55 tons), specialty vermiculite (25 tons), giant magnet (0.1 tons), carbon black (15 tons), and spent lime (1624 tons)