Welcome to the Ohio Materials Marketplace July update -
Keeping our members in the loop about upcoming events, program improvements, recently uploaded materials and marketplace performance. Here are a few highlights:
- Several new materials have been added to the marketplace including: shelving, office furniture, cardboard gaylords, ceramic saddles for regenerative thermal oxidizers, burr buster brushes, lumber pieces, black soldier fly larvae oil (animal/fish feed additive), IBC tanks and more!
- 755 members are now on the Marketplace.
- The marketplace has helped divert more than 1740 tons (3,481,190 pounds) from the landfill!
- We plan on following up with older postings to determine if they are still accurate and available.
- The Ohio By-Product Synergy Network has postponed its August meeting. A new date will be announced soon.
- The Ohio Materials Marketplace - Year One Report is available, click here to view the report.
Read on for more details, and as always, thank you for being part of our program.
To login to the marketplace click here
If you have questions about your username or password, please email Travis.Limbert@epa.ohio.gov.
Record any recycling or reuse transactions that occurred with the help of the marketplace here
New Materials Available:
Lozier S-Series Storage Shelving
More than 5000 shelving units available. Used heavy duty shelving used for storing boxes. There are a variety of sizes of shelves as well. The company is selling the units.
Company: Business Information Solutions, Inc
Location: 2201 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45214
Suggested Uses: Use as is for shelving.
More information here
Ceramic Saddles for RTO
Ten drums of one inch ceramic saddles available for reuse. Like new condition. Previously used in a regenerative thermal oxidizer.
Company: MPS Group Waste Management Contractor
Location: 650 Miller Road, Avon Lake, Ohio, 44012
Suggested Uses: Use as is to maintain temperatures in high temperature operations.
More Information here
Twelve wooden spool oscillates are available each week. The original use of the spools is to store steel banding and are now empty of banding. They are 38 inches across with wood ends and heavy cardboard center spools. The wood crates (shown) are used for storage and are available as well. The poster also generates twelve ABS Plastic spools every week.
Company: Technoform NA
Location: 1755 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, Ohio, 44087
Suggested Uses: Convert into furniture, use in a dog park, use as is
More Information here
- 755 Members
- 141 Available Material Postings
- 51 Wanted Material Postings
- 15 Completed Transactions
- 3,481,190 pounds (1740 tons) material exchanged/diverted
- Total member cost savings: $192,249
- Total Environmental Benefit: 141.9 MTCO2 reduction (U.S. EPA WARM model estimates)
- Materials diverted from the landfill include plastic bottle caps (4.6 tons), wooden pallets (0.28 tons), E-waste (0.63 tons), plastic drums (7 tons), steel drums (3.75 tons), specialty vermiculite (25 tons), giant magnet (0.1 tons), carbon black (15 tons), spent lime (1624 tons), polypropylene cloth balls (15 tons), sawdust (14.2 tons), tarps (0.75 tons) and two Siemens Carbon Filtration Units (30 tons).
Tip of the Month: Visit the "My Materials" tab on the Materials Marketplace and update your postings to have more detailed information.